Saturday, September 28, 2013

The Weasley Twins have a sister!

ESFP
  • 33% Extroversion over Introversion
  • 38% Sensing over Intuition
  • 62% Feeling over Thinking
  • 22% Perceiving over Judging
This is Me:

"SPs sometimes think and talk in more of a spider-web approach. Several of my ESFP friends jump from thought to thought in mid-sentence, touching here or there in a manner that's almost incoherent to the listener, but will eventually cover the waterfront by skipping on impulse from one piece of information to another. It's really quite fascinating."

"ESFPs love to talk to people about people. Some of the most colorful storytellers are ESFPs. Their down-to-earth, often homespun wit reflects a mischievous benevolence."

"The dominant function of ESFPs is concerned with the reality that is perceived through the senses. This type's prime directive is to examine the tangible through taste, touch, sight, feeling and hearing. ESFPs' need for new experiences surely results from this function....As perceivers, ESFPs do not linger on moral concerns unless it is in service of a Greater Good and/or a unifying cause"

"feeling for ESFPs has a surreal, cryptic, quintessential nature. It is more often implied than verbally expressed, more apparent in countenance and deed rather than word or creed"

"This tertiary function is at the ready to give definitive answers when the world requires them. It provides a measure of balance to Introverted Feeling, allowing the ESFP some level of boundary and protection from those who would take advantage. When overused or overestimated, however, Thinking becomes a liability"

"As is the nature of the inferior (fourth) function, ESFP intuition lacks a sense of balance. This type seems most successful in deducing patterns and seeing connections only after a thorough examination of the facts (which process appears quite unorganized and haphazard to non-SPs). "

This is What I Think:

This "Hummanetrics" test is spot-on, it's actually kind of creepy. I guess being an "ESFP" means that I am a Weasley Brother, which is AWESOME! I have always loved the Weasley brothers, their mischeivous attitude makes them an audience favorite. But, the funny thing is, I don't want to necessarily be an "audience favorite", what I prefer is to do exactly what the personality description said I might: tell stories about people for people in small group settings for all to enjoy. Those who know me best can attest to the fact that I quite often say, "I love people", and I do! Every human being; friend, family, or new acquaintance, is fascinating to me! Each person has their own story to tell and their own personality. My joy comes from finding out what each distinct individual is all about. At CFD, our psychiatrist called me a "center". According to her, a "center" was not someone who liked to be in the middle of everything all the time, but liked to create community like a spider taking time to create an intricate web. Finding similarities and common ground to bring people together, and building a connection of love and harmony is what I like to do best. 

The other aspect of the Hummanetrics test that stayed true to form is that feelings, for me, have a "surreal, cryptic, quintessential nature". From personal experience, I can say that whatever someone might display on the surface is not necessarily the essence of their true being. I function a lot on feeling out the solution, and believe in the philosophy of "following one's heart". That phrase of course, sounds silly and stupid, but is actually a lot harder than I originally thought.

Finally, the part of myself that I am most proud to display of my "ESFP" nature is the inner drive for adventure! At heart, I am a nomad, never comfortable in the same place for a long period of time, and always on the lookout for opportunities to seize. Spontaneity is something that I thrive off of, and planning has certainly never been my strong suit. This is one of the reasons that mission work has always appealed to me so much, the traveling and the experiencing of a new culture and a new way of life. When my thirst for discovery is combined with my love of human connection, it becomes the ultimate healing experience.

So that's all folks, and that's me! 


5 comments:

  1. The Weasley twins are a perfect fit! Mel this certainly fits you. I personally could sit down and listen to what you have to say for hours. You are so insightful, but you have a bit of devil inside you as well. However, you love people as well. This combination is universal to almost any situation because in order for you to tell a story, you have to hear a story. You are just as good a listener as you are a speaker. These two qualities are great to have in a world were most people can do neither. I know you'll do great things! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I freaking LOVE the Weasley twins...and you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really wanted to comment on yours because there was something in the test's description of your results that conflicted greatly with something I noticed about you last week. I can't remember when or where it was, but I specifically noticed something about the way you spoke. I think you were giving some sort of presentation, and I remember thinking how well you pieced together facts in a way that excellently communicated your point. It certainly wasn't like the emotional spider web way of speaking your test suggests. I definitely recall saying to myself, "I wish I could get my point across so effortlessly like that." It's an excellent quality of yours. Anyways, I definitely see you as one of the twins! Great follow up too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great analysis Mel! I loved this: "Finding similarities and common ground to bring people together, and building a connection of love and harmony is what I like to do best." That made my heart grow bigger. And you may not want to be an audience favorite, but you very naturally are. (coughCommunicationsASBcough) I also agree with Keaton though in that you're an eloquent communicator; it gives you great momentum in pursuing what you care about.

    Would love to see the affirmation as well...? Since that's half the assignment, I do have to dock this, but your thorough analysis gets you one extra point!
    6/10

    ReplyDelete
  5. *I just remembered our conversation in class today Mel, and remembered you had said this had been an intense weekend. Let me know when you're able to post an affirmation, and I'll read it over.

    Praying for you. <3

    ReplyDelete